Analytics and Reporting
- Eliminated the need to manually verify business listing data for FYI Bay Area Directory, by analyzing over 600,000 records and working with the vendor to fix the data import script. This decreased the listing error rate from 19 % to 2.3% and led to an improved search experience for the directory and companion iPad application.
- Performed site analysis using Google Search Console, implementing meta updates, keyword updates and crawl error corrections. Site search metrics have steadily improved with a 10% increase in clicks, 20% increase in impressions and improved search position by 44%.
- Constructed easy-to-follow Google Data Studio dashboards and reports from Google Analytics, Google AdWords and YouTube data. Improved reporting accuracy using Google Data Studio tools to audit, analyze and correct historic web analytics data. Adoption of Google Data Studio has allowed the creation of custom reports and effectively eliminated the need for expensive Business Intelligence software.
Application and System Optimization
- Utilized extensive enterprise Content Management Systems and WordPress knowledge to improve DDN.com user experience. Implemented site-wide automatic updates of nearly 1,000 product documents and videos using native WordPress “shortcodes”. This “shortcode” implementation eliminated the need for a part-time developer and drove the “404 – page not found” error rate below 1%.
- Identified and implemented SAP Business Objects software to analyze incident investigation data. Trained 40 worldwide safety department managers and staff on creating ad–hoc queries and analysis of incident data resulting in improved ability to view missing data, analyze data and create custom charts for presentations.
- Researched and implemented license “pooling” model for Minitab statistics software resulting in a savings of nearly $200,000 while preserving application performance.
Site and Application Launches
- Overhauled DDN.com to address security, speed and mobile device access issues in the first six months of employment. Managed migration of this 1,500 page site and plugins to a mobile responsive framework, followed by a migration to a secure hosting environment. As a result, DDN.com can be viewed worldwide on any device with no site downtime.
- Managed production and rollout of 75 online safety courses in 2 months, with over 10,000 safety course completions recorded in eight months, saving considerable time and training resources. Tested course creation software, created course templates and supervised three contractors.